The Wessex Cyclo-Cross League is open to all cyclists and cycling clubs. Non-league members are welcome to compete but only those who affiliate will be allocated League points. If your club has affiliated then ALL club members are automatically affiliated. If your club is not affiliated you may affiliate as an individual/private member.
Affiliation to the Wessex League for the upcoming season is now open, so some questions answered –
- Why do I/my club need to affiliate?
Affiliation will enable the Individual Rider and Club Rider to accrue points from their racing in Wessex Races, and will also enable clubs to compete for the Team Awards.
- When do I/my Club need to affiliate by?
As long as the Affiliation money is received before race day of the 4th Wessex League counting event any points earned in the first three races will be credited to the Rider and Club. If Affiliation is received after this date points will only be credited from the date of the receipt of the Affiliation.
- Who needs to pay affiliation?
Any Individual Rider or Club who wants to accumulate points, except that Youth Riders are automatically Affiliated without paying the Affiliation fee.
- Will my Club name appear after my name in the Wessex League?
Yes if your club Affiliates and pays the Club Affiliation Fee.
- How much does it cost to Affiliate?
- £40 for Clubs/Individuals who want their Club name to appear.
- £20 for Individual Riders, who will be listed as League Members.
- How do I/my Club pay?
- Send a cheque for the appropriate sum, made payable to Wessex Cyclo Cross Association, to Kerie Wallace at Brook View, Winsor Road, Winsor, Southampton, Hampshire, SO40 2HN.
- If you would like to pay directly into the Wessex Bank Account please use the following details –
Bank: Lloyds Bank
Account Name: Wessex Cyclo Cross Association
Account No.: 00888083
Sort Code: 30-90-86
Please put in the reference box your Club Name if affiliating as a Club, or your name if affiliating as a Private Member
Email – email@example.com