All riders irrespective of age/category are expected to;
- Play within the rules of Cyclocross*.
- Respect other riders and their support teams
- Race responsibly and race fairly.
- Respect Commissaires, organisers and other officials and their decisions.
- Understand the rules of racing and accept that there are penalties to infringements and any repetition of indiscretions.
- All riders and their associated wider support must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants/support regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs, or sexual identity.
- Bullying of any sort will not be tolerated.
Parents and guardians:
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and participate within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding good performances of all
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Encourage and guide performers to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
Commissaires, organisers and volunteers
- Manage the event to ensure safe and fair competition.
- Oversee and check pre-event planning and documentation.
- Check suitable risk assessments are in place, and that events meet the requirements.
- Ensure clear communication with organisers, event teams, riders, and parents.
- Manage a safe environment throughout the day/s.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the British Cycling rules and regulations.
- Manage competition and oversee the conduct of riders and their helpers.
*The rules of the National Governing Body, British Cycling, and the Wessex Cyclo-Cross league are available on their respective websites.