This scheme is for youth and junior riders wishing to compete at national or international cyclocross events (know as the “Grant Events”).
Please allow at least one month for applications to be considered by the Wessex CX Committee.
Application form here
- Consideration shall be given to the application on the basis that the rider will benefit from racing at national or international competitions and that this grant will significantly assist attending the event[s] listed below.
- It is not a performance-based grant although it must be shown the rider did attend the competition listed.
- Riders must be regular Wessex League competitors.
- Riders shall submit a short summary of their experience (together with a photo) at the listed events so that it can feature on the league website. Riders are encouraged to post on social media about their experience and support from Wessex CX. • Only one grant of up to £250 per rider per season shall be made.
- These grants are only made as funds are available and the number of grants per season is currently limited to 10.
- It is a discretionary grant and the decision of the committee shall be final and without appeal.
- Applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence but the committee may discuss any application with a rider’s coach or club if appropriate.
- Riders may make more than one application if a previous application is declined.